Thursday 21 March 2013

KwaiCore is born.

My name is Senzo. I thought Ndonsa was crazy when he said we should start a new genre of music. Ndonsa originally played synth in a Hardcore Punk band. Strange, I thought, that someone like him was passionate about such a genre. I used to play percussion in an underground but upcoming Kwaito group. My good friend whom I've known for years, Gabisile, played bass with me. First, I asked Ndonsa why he would ever want to make such a strange collaboration. He answered, "We need to put what we've experienced into something tangible. You and I have this energy, this connection as musicians that I will never understand. We can make it work. Nobody has ever done it before. We'll be the first. C'mon. Let's make some KwaiCore." I couldn't believe my ears. I almost started laughing but I gave it some thought. I wanted to do it. It sounded fun and unique. A genre never done before. Two enemies becoming allies. We decided to make music that people all over the world would start to talk about. Light Hour would break through.

No comments:

Post a Comment